– When I open BBM on android why is there no ability to change the default tab?
What did you expect to happen?
– I expect to see the option to select which tab is default. I want to have the ability to choose to have the bbm chat tab as default rather than being forced to switch from the contacts tab. In reality this is how it should be. When you hit the bbm icon to open the app it should automatically take you to the chat tab if there are open chats. If none are active/open then I would expect to be shown the contacts tab.
How often do you observe this?
– Every time I use the app.
Steps needed to get to this situation:
1. Convince the powers that be to pick up an android device and open the app. They’ll quickly figure out what I’m talking about.
Steps to resolve this issue:
1. Convince the last few remaining BlackBerry users to convert to another platform. (extremely unlikely to occur)
2. BBM ceases to exist. (also unlikely to occur)
3. The tech wizards in Canada decide to incorporate a user requested change without months of betazone testing. (almost as likely to occur as a cow actually jumping over the moon)
I absolutely love using the WordPress Mobile application on my android devices. Unfortunately, this mobile application has made me lazy. I seldom jump on my laptop to update the under the hood stuff like I should. I managed to force myself to do just that last night. After updating several plugin’s, I cleaned up the menu to make it cleaner looking and drafted four (including this one) new posts to be published today.
Did I mention that yesterday was another 730 mile day on the road? This week I will end up hitting 3,700+ miles. Which makes three consecutive weeks with outstanding paychecks.
Drivers of normal 4 wheeled automobiles seriously need to learn how to pay attention when they find themselves around semi trucks. It’s been one of those weeks out here on the road. I am hoping for a stress free ride back to the shop today. We’ll see how it goes.
My story goes like this…
Over the course of the past month my kids have upgraded their ipods and I picked up a newer used Nexus tablet. So, I found myself with a pile of used electronic gadgets that needed to be turned into cash. Naturally, I turned to Craigslist and the Facebook for sale pages in my area. After successfully dumping four ipods and a Galaxy Tab2 I’m left with a pair of used phones still available. The first being an HTC Rezound + extended battery and an iPhone 4s both on Verizon. (Don’t worry, I’m not trying to sell em here. Rather, just laying out my story.) Twice now in less than two weeks I’ve been contacted by the same number. Both times wanting me to provide shipping information on my iPhone and then they’ll wire/PayPal funds. Umm… No! No thanks. I’m not about to play with a scam artist. At least not in the way they wish to play the game. Below are screen shots of this mornings text message conversation. I’m undecided at the moment on just exactly what games I will play with this individual. One possibility is to edit my listing to include a message with their number.
I’m always struggling with keeping enough free space on my Galaxy Note 2 even though it’s got 32gb internal storage + a 32gb external MicroSD card in the slot. Awhile back I ordered an “On The Go” or OTG cable. It has a MicroUSB plug on one end and a standard female usb on the other end. Add to the OTG cable a usb thumb drive and you’ve got yourself the perfect memory expansion tool.
Press for Android updated today. The big news is we finally see a dark theme option.
The following is a list of Android applications that I use and would not hesitate to recommend to a new user. Some of them are free, some are not. Those that are not free I’ve found jto be worthy of spending my hard earned money on. This list is in no particular order of preference. This list forgoes any applications that I use that require root privileges to function.
Somehow I managed to allow my HTC ReZound to slip from my hand about a week & a half ago. Of course it had to land flat on the screen on the vinyl floor. After picking up the battery and the back cover I grabbed the phone only to discover that I’d just broken the screen. The only saving grace here is that it’s just the digitizer and not both that and the LCD. I’ve done some shopping around for repair service shops and have come to the conclusion that I’ll be doing this repair myself.
This will surely mess with your mind.